Friday, April 10, 2009

The first taste of tired

I always believe that I am a workaholic. During those days fulfilled with classes, I spent nearly all my leisure time in class room on textbooks and exercises. When the rehearsal in the hall was finished, I always chose the classroom as the first option, as I like the life style like this; I love to be busy......
However, today, I really felt a little tired, both mentally and physically. The system, my first design, called 'hybrid framework for action recognition’, was getting bigger and more complicated. I spent more than 24 hours to finish and debug a function, which has only little weight in the framework and is a very small segment of the system, and I had worked out 25 functions like that... no progress, no result, no graphic output... I feel tired now. An upset staff came into my mind then, IBM OS/2. OS/2 is such a system, designed by a group of talent scientists and engineers, but they spent too much resource on trivial details and failed in competition at last...
I do not want my first design dead. However, I could do nothing more but add more code on it to maintain its life... More codes, more complicated, more errors, more codes to fix it, again and again, dead loop…


No comments:

Post a Comment